HASS DESIGN
  European Style Crochet Patterns & Crochet-Along Classes

Free Crochet-Along: Learn Filet Crochet

Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9
Re: Fisherman Crochet Afghan
Posted by: LaRayne Balliet ()
Date: January 14, 2009 04:42PM

High, I did a aran afghan in the 80"s also. Do not have the pattern anymore and still trying to find the leaflet pattern. But I do remember the crochet stitches. lowridge front the diamond stitch lowridge back the diamond the cable as side panels. the popcorn stitch for middle and side panel again.
if this will help.
ballietlarayne@yahoo.com.au

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: karen ()
Date: January 18, 2009 07:03PM

hi judy, could you also send me this pattern? i've been looking for it for my mom (she'd made it in the early 80's as well and just started back up crocheting again). thanks so much! karen (tweekgirl27@msn.com)

Posted by: Linda Kauffman ()
Date: February 07, 2009 12:22AM

This is in response to the post by judydrong. If you do have the pattern that I am looking for, I would love to find out how I can get a copy of it from you. This was my favorite afghan and I made at least 6 of them for friends and 3 for myself. I wanted to make another one and cannot find the pattern anywhere. Was your pattern from a pattern book? If so, it might be the same one that I'm looking for. I would be happy to pay for the photocpying and mailing. Pleaes let me know. Thanks.

Posted by: Carman ()
Date: February 14, 2009 08:06PM

I just was searching for more fisherman crochet patterns and came to this discussion. I have a book of fisherman crochet afghan patterns. Don't know how to share them all.Ther are 5 or 6.

Posted by: Dianne ()
Date: February 23, 2009 03:06PM

Hi ladies, my Mom had bought a kit from Mary Maxim in Port Huron, Michigan quite some time ago called "Fisherman Ripple" afghan No. 2408-01. Unfortunately, they are no longer selling this kit. Mom thought she had lost this pattern but we found it. It's a wee bit faded but Mom says she can make it out. Is this the pattern you all are referring to? It says that the finished size is 45" x 62".

Posted by: Donna ()
Date: February 27, 2009 10:56AM

Dianne, I think that might actually be the pattern that I am looking for. The leaflet I have is from Herrschnerrs but is very dated. The pattern is unreadable. I have seen lots of fisherman afghan patterns but none have been titled Fisherman Ripple afghan except an earlier post from quite some time ago by Mary and your post. Please email me at rugnde@yahoo.com if you are willing to share this pattern. Thank you very much for your help
sincerely,
Donna

Posted by: Linda Kauffman ()
Date: March 01, 2009 06:19PM

This is in reference to judydrong's post of January 4, 2009. If you do think that you have the pattern that I'm referencing, please drop me an e-mail and let me know how I can get a copy of it. I think that when I made the afghan, I had to purchase 8 skeins of yarn. But, since it was over 30 years ago, my memory may not be correct.

Thank you very much.

Posted by: Glenna Kelley ()
Date: March 04, 2009 07:17PM

I too had the fishermans afghan pattern by Simplicity or McCall's (who can remember) and let a friend use it and never got it back. If you have the 5 panelled pattern I would love to have a copy.

Posted by: Glenna Kelley ()
Date: March 06, 2009 02:37PM

If I remember right the Fisherman Afghan took 6- 4oz worsted weight. I made mine with a few less loops on the puff stitch. I liked it better that way.

Posted by: Carol L. ()
Date: March 24, 2009 09:01PM

I have a readable copy of the Herrschner's Fisherman's Ripple Afghan. I'd be
glad to share it. I made mine in the eighties, and have made four more lately.
I've even made smaller versions in white as christening blankets. They turned out
really nice. My pattern doesn't have any "puffs" as described in the last comment.
It is a combination of regular single crochet ripples and then lacy ripples.

Just contact me at the above e-mail and we'll figure out how to get a copy to you.

Pages: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 3 of 9

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: