European Style Crochet Patterns & Crochet-Along Classes

Free Crochet-Along: Learn Filet Crochet

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Names in filet crochet
Posted by: Hardy ()
Date: February 01, 2009 02:27AM

Hi Nancy,

Why don't you take our free online intro to Filet Crochet class -- the Little Hearts Doily Crochet-Along. Click on the Crochet-Along top menu bar. You can get started as soon as you sign up.

Hardy

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: BJ ()
Date: April 07, 2009 12:05AM

I need to make a crochet pattern for the name Mia Marie Grace in filet to crochet a blanket for a new niece. I am having a hard time with it and need some help. I hope you can.

Thank you, BJ

Posted by: BABSMULLAN ()
Date: June 01, 2009 06:38PM

Regarding those looking for help on the "Name Filet Crochet Panels", I myself just completed my very first one. I found a small booklet from leisure arts that had the calculations needed in the instructions on how many squares and spaces are needed for each row. It gave you a graph of each letter on a seperate page and showed you how to calculate your stitches for the project.

What I did was to go out and buy regular graph paper and then I laid out the initials on the paper as I would be crocheting them and colored in each square for the main letters, in betweeen the letters I left blank. Then after I had the name completely colored in on the graph paper, I used the calculations that leisure arts gave me and came up with the starting number for my chain. Then I referred to my graph paper for my chart as I crocheted the project, it was different using only a chart and not instructions this time. But it was challenging and something new for me in the art of crochet. Now I'm not afraid to crochet without using written instructions for the pattern, I'll be willing to try the patterns that are in symbol only instructions.

*I will note for you however, my project came out perfect. It was the size and shape that the pattern in the book called for. Even though my graph paper was 8.5"x11" in size for the "NAME PLATE" that I followed for the project, my actual finished project is only 6.5"x10" in actual finished size. So if you try my way and use the graph paper to set out your letters for your projects, don't think your project will be that size, it's only as a reference for you to guide you through your project.

*I hope that those who have delayed in trying this delightful project will give my tip a try, I found it a great help. I will find the exact calculations that I use and post them for others to use. I am now working on my 3rd name plaque for Christmas presents this upcoming year. I'm searching for a way to do the letters in cursive formation next. The way I do them is in traditional block style. Until I come back and post the calculations for the beginning chain line, I do hope that this much will help those weary of avoiding these projects. I have fallen in love with "FILET CROCHET" these days, I am in the process of making a bedspread using individual squares using filet stitch as the base in my pattern, along with popcorn stitches. In between doing those squares I'm working on a filet spider stitch table runner and some christmas projects. I always have several large projects going at a time, this way as I'm working if I get bored on one, I flip over to a smaller project. I work on smaller projects all the time, in between those I work on the larger projects. I just love to crochet when ever I can and I love to learn new stitches. cool smiley

Posted by: Roberta ()
Date: July 09, 2009 10:37AM

I want to do some names, but I need a Capital letter pattern to work on...do you have some free filet letters pattern?

Posted by: Elaine Walters ()
Date: February 15, 2010 12:10PM

I would like to try the names: Kelly and Casey. I am new at learning this new crochet technique. I appreciate your help.

Posted by: margaret ()
Date: March 19, 2010 03:05PM

Elaine,
Did you ever get the help you needed with your names? I would be glad to help. What are you having trouble with?

Posted by: Briana ()
Date: March 12, 2013 02:42PM

I am looking for a letter graph to filet crochet Briana on a beanie?

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Your Name: 
Subject: