HASS DESIGN
  European Style Crochet Patterns & Crochet-Along Classes

Free Crochet-Along: Learn Filet Crochet

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rat Tail crochet lei
Posted by: Karen ()
Date: October 20, 2004 10:22PM

At my father's funeral someone sent a Rat Tail Crochet Lei. I buried it with him. It was very pretty. It looked like a Pikaki flower lei. It was made with Rat Tail cord (shiny skinny white cord). I just came back from Maui. The instructions are in none of the lei books. Ben Franklin Craft Store had a class to make this lei, but not while I was there and I couldn't get the pattern. Does anyone have the pattern? I would love to make this lei.

Thank you,
Karen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rat Tail crochet lei
Posted by: coryn ()
Date: June 17, 2005 12:10AM

Hi Karen,
You can e mail me and we can talk some more.
Coryn

Posted by: Terry Devine--sunnywolfgar ()
Date: July 22, 2006 10:48PM

Would love to see a picture of this Rat Tail Crochet Lei..

I have no idea what this would look like???

Posted by: Jo ()
Date: August 24, 2009 06:49PM

I have the pattern - in fact, I'm making 7 for my daughters graduation. Here's how you make the little round "pikake" flowers:

you need 1 long cord (for the base) probably about 30 inches long

1) make a slip knot and single crochet on to the base
2) chain 5
3) single crochet in the 3rd chain
4) single crochet in the first chain (you'll end up with something that looks a little like a curled up square (just smush it together to form the "ball"winking smiley

5) continue making about 200 "flowers".
6) Now take green eyelash yarn and single crochet on the base. Chain 3 and repeat the single crochet in between each of the flowers.

I hope this makes sense. It's really quite easy once you get started

Posted by: June ()
Date: December 24, 2009 03:14PM

I would love to see a picture of the pikaki lei and also get the directions for making it.

Posted by: stacy ()
Date: May 18, 2010 02:33PM

Hi Jo,
I can't picture how this would look. I'm pretty good at crochet, but have to make so many in the next 2 weeks for my daughter's high school graduation for her and all her friends. I hope it's easy!

Do you have a picture? Any other patterns you have for eyelash crochet leis would be greatly appreciated. Just bought a bunch of stuff from Ben Franklin's in Hawaii but didn't buy any books!! ;-)

Thank you soo much - I hope you get this!!

Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: May 25, 2010 08:40PM

Thank you for this pattern!! When we lived in Hawaii I @#$%& out my pattern books and they were never returned. I have been searching the Internet for this pattern! I am making some for my son's and nephews graduation.

Posted by: Tiffany ()
Date: May 25, 2010 08:47PM

They look a lot like this....

Rattail Lei

Posted by: Sandra Klassen ()
Date: January 28, 2011 06:57PM

I saw several types of these Lei in Wal Mart in Maui, I bought one which I found to be 4 lengths of crocheted yarn. The second one was of eyelash and rat tail , I finger crocheted the one long one (I was on Holiday remember) and wove the rat tail/eyelash one around my crocheted work. I then added a necklace of shells . This made for an awesome hat band which drew more compliments than I've ever recieved for a handmade item... The idea is all yours! Sandra

Posted by: claire ()
Date: May 28, 2011 03:34AM

I have rattail leis for sale if anyone is ot knows soneone who is interested to purchase. Check out my website.

[www.etsy.com]

They are all hand made. I can also make custom colors.

Check it out.

Aloha,
Claire

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Your Name: 
Your Email: 
Subject: