HASS DESIGN
  European Style Crochet Patterns & Crochet-Along Classes

Free Crochet-Along: Learn Filet Crochet

Swan Lake Crochet-Along: Round Swan Doily
Posted by: Hardy ()
Date: May 01, 2004 09:23AM

Hi gang,

How did your Round Swan Lake Doily turn out?

Are you enjoying the Crochet-along and learning the stitches in the Bigger Mesh?

Regards,

Hardy

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Swan Lake Crochet-Along: Round Swan Doily
Posted by: Pati ()
Date: May 01, 2004 01:12PM

I am starting row # 16 of the round Swan Doily. I like the big squares and the shadow stitch. I can only work on it in the evenings cause I have been busy setting up a garden.
Hardy, I am going on Vacation next friday the 7th - the 16th. Will you have the Hummingbird Table Topper out before then?? I would love to take it with me to do on the trip. Also, if I did reg squares on it (dc instead of tr) would it make it smaller for a doily???? thanks again........Pati

Posted by: Melinda ()
Date: May 02, 2004 04:43PM

I am on Row 19 of the Swan lake doily. But I stopped to do the curtains. I am on row 8 of the curtains.

So far I think they both look good.

Melinda

Posted by: Joyce ()
Date: May 02, 2004 04:44PM

Hi Hardy and all who are on this Crochet-Along. Hardy, as you know I am very busy with that other project, but I have looked over each page of this Swan Lake Doily, and now the beginning of the curtain(which you know I love to do curtains), and I am very excited about this new way to do the stitches. I can probably work faster than in doubles. Will have to be careful with the lacets though, because they are a habit with me. By the way, we found the lost thread. Joyce

Posted by: Marlene ()
Date: May 18, 2004 02:27PM

I am almost ready to start the edging on the Swan Lake Doily. The only thing I can't figure out is how to connect 2 trc as it shows on the pattern. Can you explain this a little more in detail? Otherwise it is really coming out nice. Can't wait to finish and block it.

Posted by: Melinda ()
Date: May 19, 2004 07:33AM

I explained it in the Hummingbird message. Mine is almost done too. I am doing the border now. It looks awesome. I can't wait to redo the curtains.

Melinda

Posted by: hardy ()
Date: May 19, 2004 08:20AM

Hi Marlene,

Are you talking about the joined tr's? You crochet the tr's incomplete (last loop stays on hook), and then you pull the trhead trough all loops anf thighten with a chain, then crochet the next 3 incomplete tr's, pull thread trough and tighten with a chain. There will be a little space between the joined tr's, but that is normal.

I hope, that was your problem. Other wise send me a message to hassdesign @aol.com and I will answer you right away.

Hardy!

Posted by: Sandra ()
Date: June 13, 2004 10:19PM

Hi,
I am looking for a crochet pattern that is round and has 3D swans crocheted around the outside edge of it. I think there are eight swans around it. I would like to buy it. Sandra

Your Name: 
Subject: